The South Dakota Canoe and Kayak Association is dedicated to promoting the sport of paddling through; recreation, safety, education and conservation. Your membership and donations support education and recreational programs in South Dakota.
- The 2021 paddling season will be another good year to be outside.
- The SD Canoe & Kayak Association board will be promoting lake trips and areas where we can gather and avoid the need to share rides or shuttle.
- Feel free to visit our Facebook group and share your ideas.
- Our 2021 event calendar is still in the process of being set.
SDCKA 'WEAR IT' Campaign
- Lifejackets save lives
- Join the effort and lead by example, ALWAYS wear your lifejacket!
Thanks to a grant from the National Safe Boating Council, SDCKA printed and installed 50 signs placed at area boat ramps along most of the MNRR (Missouri National Recreational River), Big Sioux River and some area lakes. Generally the signs are located in or near; Brandon, Mitchell, Pierre, Sioux Falls, Vermillion, Watertown and Yankton.
If you know of a location that would benefit from a sign, email firstname.lastname@example.org
SDCKA is a Paddle America Club member with American Canoe Association
ACA is a national non-profit serving the broader paddling public. You'll find education, training and events throughout the U.S.A. Great resources about everything paddling!